In addition to advocating on pending legislation and budget proposals, CWDA monitors federal agency regulations and policy changes that affect county human services programs. For the current session of Congress, the CWDA federal priorities include:
CWDA retains Waterman & Associates in Washington, DC to advocate its federal priorities. Contact Tom Joseph at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elder Justice Act
Temporary Assistance to Needy Families
- March 6, 2007 Testimony of Bruce Wagstaff, Director, Sacramento County Department of Human Assistance: Hearing on Recent Changes to Programs Assisting Low-Income Families, Subcommittee on Income Security and Family Support of the House Committee on Ways and Means
- August 28, 2006 Joint CSAC-CWDA Comments on the Interim Final Rule on the Reauthorization of the Temporary Assistance to Needy Families Program
- April 11, 2002 Testimony of Will Lightbourne, Director, Santa Clara County Social Services Agency: Hearing on Welfare Reform Reauthorization, Subcommittee on Human Resources of the United States House Committee on Ways and Means.
- November 30, 2001 Joint CWDA-CSAC comments on Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Reauthorization, submitted to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services on Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Reauthorization. - Cover Letter - Comments
Food Stamps (Renamed SNAP effective October 1, 2008)
- October 1, 2007 letter to Senator Feinstein providing CWDA input on the nutrition title of the Farm Bill, affecting Food Stamps
Medicaid Regulations Moratoria
- March 20, 2008 letter to California delegation requesting cosponsors for the Protecting the Medicaid Safety Net Act of 2008 (H.R. 5613)
- April 15, 2008 letter to Senator Barbara Boxer requesting she cosponsor the Economic Recovery in Health Care Act of 2008 (S. 2819)
- April 14, 2008 joint CSAC-CWDA letter to Senator Feinstein regarding S. 2819
- April 15, 2008 letter to Senator Feinstein thanking her for cosponsoring S. 2819
Deficit Reduction Act Citizenship/Identity Documentation Requirements