CWDA 2021 Conference – Call for Presenters
The Call for Presenters for the CWDA 2021 Annual Conference on October 13-15 is now open!
Given continued COVID-19 constraints on large in-person gatherings, we will be deciding in the near future whether the conference will be 100% virtual or a hybrid event combining virtual and in-person options.
CWDA is looking for an array of presentations across policy and program areas that will educate and inspire attendees to improve how children, families, seniors, and all Californians are served. Recognizing the services that counties are providing related to COVID-19, we encourage speakers to submit sessions related to pandemic response and business practices post pandemic. You may consider partnering with other organizations – such as your county public health agency, a non-profit partner, or others – to submit sessions related to pandemic response, adapting existing disaster-related services to the pandemic, equity and inclusion in leadership, disaster response and service delivery, supporting economic recovery in your communities, etc. Please share with your staff, committees, and colleagues. Extended deadline for submissions is close of business, Friday, April 30.
Please see the information sheet on submissions below, including questions in the online form. Submissions will only be accepted via our online form.
Please note the following before submitting:
- List the names, titles, organizations, and emails of ALL panelists who will be involved in the presentation. This is required for submission.
- No more than four panelists will be allowed per presentation for panel sessions.
- Sessions with only one proposed speaker are discouraged and may be combined with other like presentations to create a collaborative panel.
- Due to the volume of proposals received, proposals may be combined with other like presentations to create a collaborative panel.
- Presenters who are county human services staff, who would have otherwise attended the CWDA Conference, will be expected to pay the full registration fee if they are selected to present. CWDA covers the travel costs (if applicable) of non-county speakers and allows those non-county speakers to attend sessions on the day of their presentation only; however, we do encourage non-county speakers to attend the entire conference for the full registration fee.
- Sponsors/vendors are prohibited from submitting proposals and from being on presentation panels. Questions on submitting a presentation proposal can be directed here.
Sponsors: Sponsorship opportunities will open in April 2021. To have your name and company added to the sponsorship interest list, please contact Lori Oates, CSEP.