CWDA 2023 Conference – Call for Presenters
The Call for Presenters for the CWDA 2023 Annual Conference on October 11-13 in Anaheim, CA is now open!
CWDA is looking for an array of presentations across policy and
program areas that will educate and inspire attendees to improve
how children, families, seniors, and all Californians are served.
This past year has continued to challenge human service agencies
to re-imagine service delivery models amidst staffing shortages.
We encourage speakers to also submit sessions related to creating
safe, healthy and inclusive environments that assist in
recruitment, retention and leadership of a diverse,
You may consider partnering with other organizations such as your county public and/or mental health agencies, a non-profit community-based partner, or others to submit sessions related to a myriad of topics relevant to human service delivery. These include, but are not limited to, innovations in equity and inclusion in leadership; housing and homelessness programs; technology and/or business practices; and managing a virtual/in-person workforce. Deadline for submissions is 5:00 P.M. PT, Friday, April 28, 2023.
Please see the information sheet on submissions below, including questions in the online form. Submissions will only be accepted via our online form.
Please note the following before submitting:
- List the names, titles, organizations, and emails of ALL panelists who will be involved in the presentation. This is required for submission.
- No more than four panelists will be allowed per presentation for panel sessions.
- Sessions with only one proposed speaker are discouraged and may be combined with other like presentations to create a collaborative panel.
- Due to the volume of proposals received, proposals may be combined with other like presentations to create a collaborative panel.
- Presenters who are county human services staff, who would have otherwise attended the CWDA Conference, will be expected to pay the full registration fee if they are selected to present. CWDA covers the travel costs (if applicable) of non-county speakers and allows those non-county speakers to attend sessions on the day of their presentation only; however, we do encourage non-county speakers to attend the entire conference for the full registration fee.
- Sponsors/vendors are prohibited from submitting proposals and from being on presentation panels. Questions on submitting a presentation proposal can be directed here.
Sponsors: Sponsorship opportunities will open April 2023. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor please contact Lori Oates, CSEP.