CWDA 2024 Conference – Call for Presenters
The Call for Presenters for the CWDA 2024 Annual Conference on October 9-11 in San Diego, CA is now open!
CWDA is looking for an array of presentations across policy and
program areas that will educate and inspire attendees to improve
how children, families, seniors, and all Californians are served.
This past year has challenged human service agencies to seek new
opportunities, and remain resilient, innovative, and hopeful. You
may consider partnering with other organizations such as your
county public and/or behavioral health agencies, a non-profit
community-based partner, or others to submit sessions related to
a myriad of topics relevant to human service delivery.
We also encourage speakers to submit sessions related to the following: best practices in navigating and collaborating across systems; how to integrate services between Child Welfare and the other systems we rely upon to serve foster youth, including behavioral health, regional centers, and education; how to leverage and maximize opportunities and resources provided through CalAIM and BHConnect; best practices in natural disaster response, and innovative technology and business practices.
Deadline for submissions is 5:00 P.M. PT, Friday, March 29, 2024.
Please see the information sheet on submissions below, including questions in the online form. Submissions will only be accepted via our online form.
Please note the following before submitting:
- List the names, titles, organizations, and emails of ALL panelists who will be involved in the presentation. This is required for submission.
- No more than four panelists will be allowed per presentation for panel sessions.
- Sessions with only one proposed speaker are discouraged and may be combined with other like presentations to create a collaborative panel.
- Due to the volume of proposals received, proposals may be combined with other like presentations to create a collaborative panel.
- Presenters who are county human services staff, who would have otherwise attended the CWDA Conference, will be expected to pay the full registration fee if they are selected to present. CWDA covers the travel costs (if applicable) of non-county speakers and allows those non-county speakers to attend sessions on the day of their presentation only; however, we do encourage non-county speakers to attend the entire conference for the full registration fee.
- Sponsors/vendors are prohibited from submitting proposals and from being on presentation panels. Questions on submitting a presentation proposal can be directed here.
Sponsors: To have your name and company added to the sponsorship interest list, please contact Lori Oates: firstname.lastname@example.org