Child Care: A Critical Support for CalWORKs Participant Success
Presentation/panel discussion on the importance of immediate and ongoing childcare to reduce administrative burden and improve client bandwidth (small brain science component -2.0 link) for participant success. Brief review of state requirements and recommendations, and extended panel discussion with San Francisco on operationalizing immediate and 12-month eligibility for child care.
- Moderator – Natasha Nicolai: Branch Chief, CalWORKs and Family Resilience, CDSS
- Jigna Shah: Bureau Chief, Child Care and Intergenerational Services, CDSS
- Jason Holthe: Fiscal Strategies Senior Analyst, Office of Early Care and Education, County of San Francisco
- Phillip Warner: Director of Family Subsidy Services, Children’s Council of San Francisco
- Nereida Heller: Senior Data and Evaluation Analyst, City and County of San Francisco