Community Leadership: Aging Together
How can we raise community awareness and proactively address the needs of the growing aging population? County human and health services agencies are engaging decision makers, business, local governments, and the broader community in identifying community priorities including housing, transportation, healthy aging, and community-based social services. Counties are providing leadership to their communities in championing initiatives focused on establishing stronger supports and dedicating new resources for aging services and building community-wide commitment to their shared agenda. Alameda, Marin, Santa Clara, and Sonoma counties presented on their community leadership initiatives and programs.
- Diane Kaljian, Adult and Aging Services, Sonoma County Human Services Department
- Shireen McSpadden, Deputy Director, San Francisco Department of Aging and Adult Services
- Randy Morris, Assistant Agency Director, Alameda County Social Services Agency
- Lee Pullen, Program Manager, Marin County Health & Human Services
- James Ramoni, Aging and Adult Services Department Director, Santa Clara County Social Services Agency