Data to Action – CalFresh Outreach
This session featured a three-part discussion on taking data to action in CalFresh. Part one of the discussion featured a presentation from the San Francisco Marin Food Bank on a toolkit they built using data from the CalFresh data dashboard to help set local goals for strengthening outcomes. Part two featured Monterey County and the California Department of Social Services discussing the analytics of geocoding CalFresh enrollment and bringing mapping tools to life in a mid-sized county. Part three featured Los Angeles County’s work to bring geocoded data to action by informing local outreach strategies.
- Aynalem Adugna, Chief, Federal Data Reporting & Analysis Bureau, California Department of Social Services
- Diana Jensen, San Francisco Marin Food Bank
- Akhtar Khan, Chief, Research Services Branch, California Department of Social Services
- Arthur Lomboy, Data Development Manager, Monterey County Department of Social Services
- Carlos Portillo, Human Services Administrator, Los Angeles County Department of Public Social Services