Faith in Motion
Presenters from Orange and Riverside counties presented a model for creating effective and lasting faith-based collaboration entitled Faith in Motion. Faith in Motion in Riverside County was a recipient of a Bright Ideas award from Harvard University’s Ash Center for Democratic Governance and Innovation. Faith in Motion fills in resource and service gaps by connecting the local faith community to the needs of neglected and abused children, families, elderly and dependent adults. It also establishes lasting relationships for clients through foster parent recruitment, visitation of socially isolated seniors and dependent adults, and mentorship for foster youth and young adults.
Creating Effective and Lasting Faith-Based Collaboration
- Michael McConnell, Regional Manager, Riverside County Department of Public Social Services
- Roylyn Burton, Community Program Specialist, Orange County Children and Family Services
- Jim Deming, Senior Social Services Supervisor, Orange County Children and Family Services
- Susan Mahoney, Regional Manager, Riverside County Department of Public Social Services
- Beth Vangsness, Faith-Based Partner