Tools for Well-Being
Promoting Wellness for Clients and Helping Professionals
This session will discuss agency and university partnerships; highlight the research informing the Tools for Well-Being curriculum; discuss how county agencies can employ innovative strategies to support wellness for:
1) clients who may have experienced trauma and/or 2) staff who may have experienced secondary trauma; provide findings on studies for Tools for Well-Being workshops for clients and staff; and discuss on-going projects including capacity building.
- Kimiko Vang, Deputy Director, Employment and Training, Merced County Human Services Agency
- Yvonne Berenguer, Lecturer, Social Work Department, California State University, Stanislaus
- Sara Cadalig, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Lorraine Nishihama, Staff Development Supervisor, Merced County Human Services Agency