County Priorities for Changes to Case Management Information and Payrolling System (CMIPS) II
The CMIPS II system is the case management and payroll system for the In Home Supportive Services (IHSS) program, and supports the work of county IHSS workers. As such, counties have a key role in informing requests to maintain and improve system functionality.
The CWDA CMIPS II County Advisory Board (CAB) develops and maintains a list of changes and improvements that counties want to see. Current CAB membership is comprised of the following counties: Contra Costa, Fresno, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Francisco, San Joaquin, Sonoma, Stanislaus, Tehama, Tulare, Ventura, and Yolo.
In addition to the changes prioritized by CAB, the CWDA Information Technology Committee has identified two critical priorities to keep the CMIPS program modern. The first is support for mobility, so that IHSS social workers can access the system while doing home visits and other field work. The second is moving to an electronic timesheet system, to offer providers a faster way to submit their time records, without the risk of delays or loss present in the current paper process.
The CAB’s current top priorities for changes are:
- Notice of Action Suppression and Reduction of NOA output from two copies to one (IMPLEMENTED DECEMBER 2015)
- Produce a new Management Statistics Summary Report that shows true end of month caseload counts and other key reporting statistics (as established by the counties) and restore statewide view of reports as counties previously had in Legacy CMIPS.
- PRIORITY 3 – Expand the number and types of tasks in the IHSS Service Task categories and record them appropriately on the SOC 293 form. (WORKGROUP BEGINS MARCH 2016)
- Request that CDSS begin the Task and Notifications Workgroup to resolve county issues with tasks and notifications in CMIPS II.
- Add additional county use fields to CMIPS II case information that allows counties to identify types and special issues related to case management.
- Increase the period of non-activity allowance in CMIPS II beyond the current 20 minutes to 30 minutes and/or develop functionality in CMIPS II that will “auto-save” data the social worker has entered (without submitting data for approval).
- Request that CDSS translate IHSS Notices of Action (NOAs) and NOA messages into the 14 threshold languages that Medi-Cal Program does and place the translated forms into the CMIPS II system for use by counties. Once completed counties would like to see the same translation provided for State of California (SOC) IHSS forms.
- Develop a statewide Interactive Voice Recognition (IVR) Provider Assistance Line
- Produce a Pending Evidence data download file for counties (TENTATIVELY PLANNED FOR DECEMBER 2016)
- Add Scanning Functionality to CMIPS II