Senate Bill 75: Implementing Full Scope Medi-Cal Benefits for All Children
CWDA partnered with the California Health Care Foundation (CHCF) for a county SB 75 training on Wednesday, May 18. This webinar discussed the changes to Welfare and Institutions Code section 14007.8 for the Medi-Cal program pursuant to Senate Bill (SB) 75 (Chapter 18, Statutes of 2015) that provides to individuals under age 19 who do not have satisfactory immigration status or are unable to verify satisfactory immigration status or citizenship with full scope Medi-Cal.
Restricted scope eligibility no longer exists for children under 19, regardless of:
- Immigration status, including undocumented children
- Whether or not the child has provided verification of their U.S. citizenship or Satisfactory Immigration Status (SIS)
SB 75 Webinar and Toolkit
- Webinar Recording
- Webinar Q&A – to come
For questions on the webinar, contact Assmaa Elayyat.
Additional useful resources and outreach materials
- California Department of Health Care Services SB 75 website
- California Endowment #Health4all campaign materials
- California Coverage & Health Initiatives All-In toolkit (includes materials that schools can use)